Lisburn team march into the third round of the Ulster Fourball

Lisburn's top pairing in the Ulster fourball Chris Davis and Alan Crowe.
Lisburn's top pairing in the Ulster fourball Chris Davis and Alan Crowe.

As expected Lisburn’s Ulster Fourball team marched into the third round after defeating Bundoran in the home leg. They only required to win two matches but eventually won three.

Chris Davis and Alan Crowe were one ahead after nine holes and went on to win on the 16th green.

Billy Gregge and Mark Jamieson were one down at the turn but played well on the back nine to clinch their match on the same green.

Team captain Alan Gilmore and his partner Barry McQuillan got off to a great start and would have been six up if Alan had holed from three feet on the ninth green.

They held on to win on the 15th green. Their victory clinched the tie.

The match involving Trevor Doak and Stephen Wilkinson was a close affair but they were called in when they were one ahead. Martin McDonald holed a monster putt on the fifth to win the hole. Playing with Michael Rooney they were one down when called in.

Lisburn now play Fintona in the next round

The Lisburn Ulster Cup team drew their away match at Antrim 3½ – 3½.

Gary McDermott, Colin Hill and Ian Suffern won their matches and Brian Houston got the vital half. Lisburn’s small deficit of one hole could also be important.

The Mixed foursomes team had a close match with Shandon Park at Castlereagh Hills.

Three matches finished on the final green but Lisburn could only manage one victory.

Mannon Castle turned the tables on Lisburn in the Rossmore Cup.

Lisburn seemed to be in a good position after winning the home tie 3 – 1.

The Lisburn players could not cope with the undulating greens in the away match and lost 4 – 0.

In the top match Glenn McCambley and Jim Burns had three birdies and yet lost by 5 and 3. Colin Jeffers and Rodney Osborne had a close match which ended on the 17th green.

Lisburn got off to a great start in their Ronan Rafferty match against Mannon Castle winning 13 – 7 at home.

Peter Kelly had the best result winning his match by 6 and 5.

In the Barton Shield Lisburn defeated Ballymena by four holes.

Norman McNellis & Stephen Shaw and Ryan Symington & Chris Moulds both won by two holes.

A gale force wind and heavy showers made conditions very difficult for the competitors in the Long Kesh and Postle Cups.

The former, for the best gross score, was won by Ryan Symington with 31 points. Trevor Murphy was second with 29.

James Dowling (14) won the Postle Cup with 40 points.

He recovered from an opening double bogey seven to reach the turn in 39 for 22 points.

He started the back nine with two double bogeys but finished with 18 points, two ahead of Keith Sterritt (16).

Graham Roberts was next with 37 followed by four competitors on 36: Cameron Allen, Iain Gillespie, Joshua Robinson and Kevin Smyth.

Wednesday Stableford: 1st Joshua Robinson 41 pts, 2nd Neil Roulston 40 pts, 3rd Gregg Ferris 40 pts.

Juveniles: 1st James Mulholland 41pts, 2nd Nicholas Lilley 41pts, 3rd Spencer Pinion 38pts.

Monday Stableford:1st Cameron Allison 43pts, 2nd Christian Kennedy 40pts, 3rd Bill Murphy 37pts. Congratulations to Bill who had a hole in one at the 13th.