Four Lisnagarvey Hockey Club stars have made it through to the latest cut of the Ireland squad.
Jonny Bell, Timmy Cockram, Paul Gleghorne and Mikie Watt were all named in Coach Craig Fulton’s latest squad.
Fulton has this morning named his 21 man squad to travel to Valencia for the Six Nations tournament and the two match series against the Netherlands in Cork on July 4 and 6.
The squad will be further cut to a final 16 for the Olympic Games on Sunday 10th July, with two travelling Reserves.
Before then, Garvey’s four stars will have plenty of opportunities to impress the boss.
Those begin on Wednesday when they travel to Valencia for a Six Nations tournament against Spain, Germany, India, New Zealand and Argentina.
The Six Nations tournament, running from June 27th until July 3rd, will see the Green Machine face off against the world’s best in their final tournament before the Rio Olympic Games.
Ireland will face no fewer than four of the world’s top 10 teams, as well as Spain who, at 11th, sit marginally above the men in green.
The full squad for the Six Nations tournament is as follows:
1. Jonny Bell- Lisnagarvey- Defender
2. Matthew Bell- Banbridge- Defender
3. Chris Cargo- Racing- Midfield
4. Tim Cockram- Lisnagarvey- Forward
5. Peter Caruth- Annadale- Forward
6. Mitch Darling- Rotterdam- Forward
7. David Fitzgerald- Monkstown- GK
8. Paul Gleghorne- Lisnagarvey- Defender
9. Kyle Good- Monkstown- Forward
10. Ronan Gormley- Krefeld- Defender
11. David Harte- Kampong- GK
12. Conor Harte- Racing- Defender
13. John Jackson- Reading- Defender
14. John Jermyn- Cork C of I- Midfield
15. Eugene Magee- Banbridge- Midfield
16. Shane O’Donoghue- Dragons- Midfield
17. Alan Sothern- Pembroke- Forward
18. Michael Robson- Annadale- Midfield
19. Kirk Shimmins- Pembroke- Midfield
20. Michael Watt- Lisnagarvey- Forward
21. Gareth Watkins- Monkstown- Forward