St Joseph’s Glenavy gain revenge as they record easy win over St Enda’s

St Joseph's Glenavy players attempt to tackle an opposition player during a recent match.
St Joseph's Glenavy players attempt to tackle an opposition player during a recent match.

St.Joseph’s 2.06

St.Enda’s 0.06

The home side were hoping to gain revenge on a first round defeat and consolidate their position in the top half of the table and as it turned out Glenavy had a fairly handy win.

The winning margin would have been more but for some poor decision making in front of goal.

It took six minutes before the first score when Michael McCourt had point from a free, while his brother Malachy went one better when he scored a beauty from play.

Owen Gallagher gained possession from the kickout and raced through for his side’s third point. Niall McCann took an excellent pass from Patrick Gallagher to extend the lead.

Ruairi Scott got the Glengormley side going with a pointed free and when Patrick Coogan got one from play a close game looked on.

County player Owen Gallagher was winning a lot of ball for the home side. His brother Patrick gained possession and cut inside to Owen how split the posts. Patrick Coogan was having a fine game and when he gained possession he cut through to point.

From the second half throw in Owen Gallagher gained possession and split the visitors defence only to his shot well saved by the keeper but Niall McCann nipped in and finished the ball into the net.

Patrick Coogan pulled a point back for the Hightown side who were finding possession much more difficult to gain against the hill’s strong tackling defence.

Fergus Cunningham made a welcome return to the pitch after a long layoff through injury he replaced Malachy McCourt (hamstring). Michael McCourt cut in from the wing and was fouled which resulted in an injury and was replaced by Ryan Phillips.

Cunningham stepped up and slotted the free over the bar.

James Gallagher moved out to the wing and gained possession cut inside and with a pin perfect pass Niall McCann ran onto the ball and beat the keeper all ends up.

Owen Gallagher gained possession used his strength and burst through for a point. True to form the visitors fought back and had two late points from a pointed free from Ruairi Scott and Patrick Coogan had his side’s last point when he scored from play.

Johnny Phillips disposed his marker and got the ball to James Gallagher who had the pleasure of scoring the home side’s final score.

St.Joseph’s won the reserve game score 5.14 v 1.05