Man suffers smoke inhalation

NIFRS vehicle
NIFRS vehicle

A 56-year-old man suffered smoke inhalation following a fire at a house in Lisburn during the week.

The fire at a mid-terraced house at Wesley Street was discovered around 6am on Tuesday (June 14).

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to put out the fire.

When fire crews arrived the male householder, was able to get out of the house himself then received treatment from firefighters for minor smoke inhalation at the scene.

According to the fire service the cause of the fire appeared to be accidental but there were no other details.

Fire crews from Lisburn station attended the incident.