Ballylesson Old Boys Flute Band will host a special parade and celebration of their 125th anniversary and dedication of new uniforms, on Saturday 4th June.
The dedication of Uniforms will take place in The Parish Church hall, Ballylesson at 7pm followed by Ballylesson Old Boys parading along with invited lodges to their hall at 7.30pm.
A band parade will follow with bands assembling at 7.30pm for the parade to begin at 8pm.
The Parade will Leave Ballylesson Parish Church Car Park and make the short parade along the Ballylesson Road towards the Ballylesson Old Boy’s Hall.
Following the parade, a Traditional night of entertainment will be held in the Ballylesson Old Boys Hall.
There is plenty of car parking at the church as well at the finish point in Ballylesson Garden Centre and everyone is welcome.
Ballylesson Old Boys’ Flute Band was formed in 1891 under the name of Ballylesson Flute Band until in 1908 it adopted the Old Boy’s title.
At that time Mr. John Millar who previously had taught the Hillhall and Edenderry Bands conducted it.
Founder members at that time included Jim Jackson, Jim McBride, and William Hylands, who subsequently joined the army in 1914.