The owner of a one year old cat that died of poisoning has said it was ‘heartbreaking’ to watch her pet suffer.

Ollie, who died after poisoning.
Ollie, who died after poisoning.

The owner of a one year old cat that died of poisoning has said it was ‘heartbreaking’ to watch her pet suffer.

Ollie was put to sleep at Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital, after being brought in because he was ‘off form’ but it was discovered the cat had been poisoned.

Mrs Jackson, of Windermere Road, Lisburn, said that Ollie is not the first cat in the area to suffer such a fate, believing that antifreeze may be being placed where cats will consume it.

The local woman spoke of the ‘terrible death’ the young cat suffered.

Mrs Jackson, who had been caring for Ollie and took him to the vet, said: “Ollie was just beautiful.It’s 
just heartbreaking.

“Ollie would have gone around the neighbourhood and our next door neighbour was looking after him.

“They said come and see him, I said he’s been poisoned.

“I’ve heard other cats in the area have been poisoned, there’s been quite a few.

“I put a post about Ollie online and the owner got in contact to say Ollie’s brother was poisoned in the same way and her little boys are just heartbroken.

“He was just a dote. My husband is in a wheelchair and he would jump up and cuddle up to him.

“It’s just such a pity. There are some evil people 
around here.

“People have been very supportive. I’ve had a great response online with 30-odd responses, people have been saying it’s happened to 
their cat too.

“I would love to know 
who it was.

“It’s a terrible, terrible death. He was fitting 
and shaking.

“We’re just heartbroken,” Mrs Jackson added.

Mrs Jackson is now concerned for another cat she has.

“We have another cat and I say, don’t be eating any food.

“If people would have a heart. Why kill them? Just leave them alone.

“I feel sorry for the actual owners, the little boys are distraught,” Mrs Jackson said.

Cromlyn House Vet Steven Baird, said: “Mrs Jackson brought Ollie in on Monday. She would feed him and look after him and she had noticed he was off form on Sunday and brought him in on Monday.

“We discovered he had antifreeze poisoning.

“Ollie had crystals in his urine already when he got here, so there was crystal damage to the kidneys. The kidneys are killed off by it.

“Sometimes you will see neurological signs and we saw these with Ollie. Less than 12 hours later we had to put him down.

“The owner said this is not the first cat in the area this has happened to. At this time of the year people could be topping up their antifreeze, but if they are doing that and spill any, we would ask that they clean it up.

“Just wash it away, even if you are in your own garage, make sure the containers are closed.

“It is usually fatal and it is a horrible death,” added Steven.

Ollie was put to sleep at Cromlyn House Veterinary Hospital, after being brought in because he was ‘off form’ but it was discovered the cat had been poisoned.

Mrs Jackson, of Windermere Road, Lisburn, said that Ollie is not the first cat in the area to suffer such a fate, believing that antifreeze may be being placed where cats will consume it.

The local woman spoke of the ‘terrible death’ the young cat suffered.

Mrs Jackson, who had been caring for Ollie and took him to the vet, said: “Ollie was just beautiful.It’s 
just heartbreaking.

“Ollie would have gone around the neighbourhood and our next door neighbour was looking after him.

“They said come and see him, I said he’s been poisoned.

“I’ve heard other cats in the area have been poisoned, there’s been quite a few.

“I put a post about Ollie online and the owner got in contact to say Ollie’s brother was poisoned in the same way and her little boys are just heartbroken.

“He was just a dote. My husband is in a wheelchair and he would jump up and cuddle up to him.

“It’s just such a pity. There are some evil people 
around here.

“People have been very supportive. I’ve had a great response online with 30-odd responses, people have been saying it’s happened to 
their cat too.

“I would love to know 
who it was.

“It’s a terrible, terrible death. He was fitting 
and shaking.

“We’re just heartbroken,” Mrs Jackson added.

Mrs Jackson is now concerned for another cat she has.

“We have another cat and I say, don’t be eating any food.

“If people would have a heart. Why kill them? Just leave them alone.

“I feel sorry for the actual owners, the little boys are distraught,” Mrs Jackson said.

Cromlyn House Vet Steven Baird, said: “Mrs Jackson brought Ollie in on Monday. She would feed him and look after him and she had noticed he was off form on Sunday and brought him in on Monday.

“We discovered he had antifreeze poisoning.

“Ollie had crystals in his urine already when he got here, so there was crystal damage to the kidneys. The kidneys are killed off by it.

“Sometimes you will see neurological signs and we saw these with Ollie. Less than 12 hours later we had to put him down.

“The owner said this is not the first cat in the area this has happened to. At this time of the year people could be topping up their antifreeze, but if they are doing that and spill any, we would ask that they clean it up.

“Just wash it away, even if you are in your own garage, make sure the containers are closed.

“It is usually fatal and it is a horrible death,” added Steven.