Man suffers electric shock

A 59-year-old man received treatment from paramedics for electric shock following a fire at a 14th floor flat in the early hours of Sunday morning.

PSNI believe the cause appears to have been deliberate.

Crews from Cadogan, Lisburn, Springfield and Whitla stations responded to the fire in the apartment of the Ferndale House Flats on the Ballyborg Road in Seymour Hill in the early hours of Sunday.

Firefighters used a firefighting jet and a covering jet to extinguish the blaze.

In a separate incident a 43-year-old suffered slight smoke inhalation following a fire at Blaris Park on Tuesday around 7pm. Fire appliances from Lisburn, Cadogan and Springfield stations attended the incident involving a fire in the kitchen.