Man led away from fire at Poleglass

Have your say

A 54-year-old man was led away from a sheltered dwelling building following a fire involving a microwave oven, on Sunday afternoon.

Fire crews arrived at the scene around 4pm.

The fire involved a microwave in the flat which was part of a sheltered housing dwelling at Pembroke Loop Road in the Poleglass area.

Crews used a fire blanket to deal with the incident.

NIFRS would advise householders that if a fire starts at a microwave unplug it then leave the door closed to allow the fire to suffocate.

Call the fire department, if there is any risk that the fire may spread,