DCSIMG

Ross to apply for bail next week, court told

Dromore double murder accused Leslie Ross will make an application for bail next week.

Details were revealed by his solicitor during a video remand hearing at Banbridge Magistrates Court last Thursday morning.

Leslie Ross, 66, from Dromore, is accused of murdering 47-year-old Michelle Bickerstaff who was found dead in April 2012 and Margaret Weise, 50, who died in August 2007.

Ross is also charged with indecent assault, gross indecency with a child and indecently assaulting a female child.

A Public Prosecution Service prosecutor told Thursday’s court sitting that the file on Ross was advancing significantly and the first ever bail application would be made next week.

Address

He said until now there had been no suitable bail address as the accused’s home address was not suitable,however another address has been identified.

An application for bail will be mounted next Thursday morning, 19th December, when Ross will again appear via videolink at Banbridge Magistrates Court.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page