DCSIMG

Police probe possible link to two separate attacks on men

Two men - one aged in his 80s - were left with injuries after being physically assaulted in separate attacks which took place within hours of each other.

Police are investigating a possible link between the two incidents - which took place in different areas of Lisburn - and a separate report of a man acting suspiciously.

The first attack took place in Knockmore Square on Wednesday around 7.35pm.

The man in his 80s was assaulted by an unknown man at residential premises in the area.

The man was subsequently treated for head injuries, although a police spokesman said that the injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.

The second incident took place shortly before 10.30pm in Rosslyn Park , when it was reported that a man approached a house and spoke to a male resident.

It is understood the resident was assaulted close to the house. His injuries are not believed to be serious.

His attacker is believed to have made off towards the Ballinderry Road area.

It was then reported to police that a a man had been observed acting suspicious in the Causeway End Road, area around 10.15pm on Wednesday.

It was believed that a man approached a house in the area, but no offence was reported to police.

A police spokesman told the Star, “Inquiries are continuing and at this stage, police are investigating a link between both incidents and the report of suspicous behaviour.”

Police would ask anyone who witnessed this incident or who has any information to contact CID at Lisburn on 0845 600 8000. Or, if someone would prefer to provide information without giving their details, they can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers and speak to them anonymously on 0800 555 111.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page