Man led away from fire at Poleglass

Have your say

A 54-year-old man was led away from a sheltered dwelling building following a fire involving a microwave oven, on Sunday afternoon.

Fire crews arrived at the scene around 4pm.

The fire involved a microwave in the flat which was part of a sheltered housing dwelling at Pembroke Loop Road in the Poleglass area.

Crews used a fire blanket to deal with the incident.

NIFRS would advise householders that if a fire starts at a microwave unplug it then leave the door closed to allow the fire to suffocate.

Call the fire department, if there is any risk that the fire may spread,

Back to the top of the page