Fire crews force way into Woodside home

Fire crews forced their way into a house at Woodside on Sunday following a grill pan fire around 5am.

Fire appliances from Cadogan and Lisburn stations attended the scene and wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet to deal with the fire.

A 25-year-old man left the house as fire crews forced entry to assist the occupier.

Activating smoke alarms alerted the occupier of the fire.

NIFRS would remind householders that smoke alarms can give you those precious few minutes of warning which could help you and your family to get out safely.