Fast-food incident

The Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service
The Northern Ireland Fire & Rescue Service

A fire broke out at a fast food outlet on the main street in Moira in the early hours of Monday morning.

Fire crews received a call at 02.23am at Herrons Country Fried Chicken and crews from Lurgan and Lisburn arrived.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hosereel jet and a covering jet to extinguish the blaze. The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Using breathing apparatus and thermal imaging cameras firefighters put the fire under control. Crews left the scene by 04:59am.