Cooker on fire in Lisburn home

editorial image
0
Have your say

The Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service are blaming an electrical fault for the cause of a fire at a house in Lisburn, on Monday evening.

Crews from Lisburn Fire Station responded to a report of a cooker on fire at a terraced house at Waterside, around 7pm.

The householder put out the fire before crews arrived and the cause is being treated as accidental.

A smoke alarm was activated by the fire.

Householders are being reminded to make sure they have working smoke alarms installed throughout their home. A smoke alarm can give precious few minutes of warning which could help you and your family to get out safely.