Crumlin’s Manse Road was closed yesterday as firefighters dealt with a blaze at a bungalow in the area, which had spread to an oil tank close by.
One man was reportedly treated for shock at the scene.
A Northern Ireland Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said they received a call at 11.38am yesterday to report of a fire at residential premises in the Manse Road area of Crumlin.
He said two appliances from Antrim Fire Station and one fire appliance each from Crumlin and Westland Fire Stations were deployed to the scene. “The Command Support Unit from Lisburn Fire Station and the Fire Emergency Support Service vehicle are also in attendance,” he added.
Thspokesman said a man was treated for shock at the scene after he returned to find his burning home, and a number of neighbouring properties in the area had to be evacuated.
The resulting road closure caused traffic disruption in the area.
The Manse Road reopoened in both directions yesterday afternoon.